Written by: Jenine Silos
Once, a classmate asked me, her tone was suggesting deep curiosity, “Neen, you don’t usually hang out with us. Why is that?”
I just smiled. At first, I did not know how to answer her question, I didn’t even know if she would be able to understand my reasons. But, if I wouldn’t tell her the reasons right there, it would make me a hypocrite. And there was more than that, it would be similar as denying Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
Because when I was born again and decided to follow Christ, the worldly things don’t matter to me any longer. Including those hanging out with friends in the mall and to any place that benefits me nothing. Most of my college friends loved hanging out, but I wasn’t always there. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. I don’t say it’s evil. But the question is…is it pleasing to the eyes of the Lord? Does my going there and here and fun all day will glorify the Father? Surely, yes, if that fun is for the Lord. But it’s unlikely.
So I told her, “Well, I am busy most of the time.”
She irked her brow. “Busy at what?”
“In ministry and other church activities. Or if not, I’m busy in school of course, sometimes working on with my part-time job. But, if I’m not busy then I’m just writing something. Most importantly, I don’t enjoy outside activities, unless it’s for the ministry. That is all to it. ” I said and she just nodded her head in awe.
Well, I’m a university student, and there are times that I have school activities during Sundays, but none of it I had attended yet. Because the JOY that I gain in worshiping the Lord every Sunday services cannot be compared to the JOY of that good grades! When it is Sunday, it is always a HAPPY DAY for me. Because it is the day wherein I can completely worship the LORD with all my heart and soul, it is His day. A BIG HAPPY DAY.
The only thing, and the best one I may add, that I can do for the Father is to avoid the worldly matters — and sooner or later, my classmates and friends would see the DIFFERENCE. The differences between my life and their life. It’s difficult, yes, especially when temptations are everywhere. But then, in God, nothing is impossible — I really love to say this — that there’s nothing impossible with God.
So what are the differences?
- They go to beaches and clubs, I attend church monthly meetings.
- They love worldly music, I find it annoying.
- They use their free time after school for nothing, I use mine to attend every available activities I can attend to in the church.
- They curse, I say nothing.
- They laugh hard for funny jokes (and I am their laughing stock most of the time), but I laugh because that’s my character ever since I was born again.
- When we fail a subject, they’re disappointed and sad. But I always smile and press on. As if nothing happens. They even told me that it was their first time to see someone who got failed and yet was still happy about it.
- They wake up early in the morning for school matters, while I am always excited to wake up early for daily devotionals.
- They don’t usually have peace…but in Him I always have.
- They proclaim to believe in God, but their lifestyle do not say it.
- They usually sleep or hang out on Sundays…but Sundays are my Happy days with the LORD.
You may also like:
- The Worst Untreatable Illness
- The Love of God
- The Techno City
- Multitasking, the Danger
- Be a Blessing to Others
- Give Thanks
- Understanding God’s Plan
- Who am I?
- Sunday (May 6): “By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.” (shechina.wordpress.com)
- The Sabbath of the Lord Thy God (sabbathsermons.com)
- Ten Indictments: Introduction (orchardministry.wordpress.com)
- Genesis 18 – The Doom of Sodom (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Bad sermons (cruciality.wordpress.com)
- be my absolution! (lmelonakos.wordpress.com)
- God’s Love Has Shown Me Why We Have Hate (truelogic.wordpress.com)
- Something new – About Fishn4Souls – ME (fishn4souls.wordpress.com)
- Worldly Cares (saintlysages.wordpress.com)
- The Lord Gives And… (pastorron7.wordpress.com)
- Christian Cannot :: Divorce and Communion (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- Living in the World (saintlysages.wordpress.com)
- The Vine and Branches (maryharristodd.wordpress.com)
- Personality and Property (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Returning into the World and being a Mother to my Children. Satan as a woman escorted out of the world (mother1spiritoftruth.wordpress.com)
- John Piper on why we don’t worship the same God as Islam (rodiagnusdei.wordpress.com)
- Worldly Writings (donhartley.wordpress.com)
- Holding On (wittypixaday.wordpress.com)
- A Generation Adrift (Part I) (pilgrimpassing.wordpress.com)
- Faith Child – Salvation- Jesus, my Lord (ptl2010.com)
- Galatians 4-6 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Passion Particulars: Diction (pknatz.wordpress.com)
- Atheist comedian Tim Minchin to play Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Throne of Grace (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- Sunday morning (kkristoffersen.wordpress.com)
- God sent Jesus Christ our Savior to give us his Spirit (seekingthepath.wordpress.com)
- SECULAR SUNDAY SONGS – Music With A Hidden Spirituality 1 (catholicboyrichard.wordpress.com)
- My perfect Sunday (cgdelarey.wordpress.com)
- Happy Lazy Sunday (badlandsbadley.wordpress.com)
- Merry May 6: Sloppy Sunday (sleepandsalami.wordpress.com)
- Portland Saturday Market on SUNDAY MAY 6th (rofedesigns.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Happiness !* (tksoni.wordpress.com)
- More on Happiness, and don’t we all need it? (refocusgroup.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Forecast (local10.com)
- By popular demand… (hksoloways.wordpress.com)
- Dry Sunday, but showers are on the way (clickondetroit.com)